For those with food allergies or sensitivities, especially when related to PCOS or autoimmune issues, meal times can be stressful. With these easy, versatile tortillas — with no grains, gluten, dairy, soy, nor eggs — less stress and more fun is on the menu.
- 1 1/2 cups Cassava Flour (no substitutions!)
- 2/3 cup Water (hot to the touch)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add the oil and hot water until a nice dough — not dry and crumbly, nor wet and sticky — begins to form.
- Knead the dough until nice and smooth.
- Divide dough into three even-sized balls. Halve each of the three balls (6) and halve each of those, ending up with 12 small balls of dough.
- Roll each dough ball between two pieces of parchment until thin.
- Heat a non-stick (or I like to use a cast iron) skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, lay a tortilla in the pan. Once air bubbles form (about 1-2 minutes), flip. Each side should be slightly browned.
- Place each tortilla as it comes from the pan onto a plate, stacking as you go, with a towel covering them to keep them warm.
These neutral tortillas can be enjoyed with sweet or savory fillings. I’ve made myself a turkey/kale/watercress roll up for lunch. Join me? 🙂
All my best,