Looking for a creamy pesto that even PCOS and autoimmune peeps can enjoy? Look no further. This can be used as a dip or thinned with olive oil and used as a dressing.
- 1/4 C lemon juice (about 2 lemons worth)
- 1/3 C high-quality olive oil
- 3 C loosely-packed basil leaves (organic if available)
- 1/3 C pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic (I like to chop a bit before processing)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to your food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve or refrigerate.
Imagine all the ways you can use this easy and versatile dish — like atop spaghetti squash “noodles,” as a dip for crisp carrot sticks, smeared on your favorite bread or toast, used as a pizza sauce….. endless possibilities.
All my best,